Update: v.1.2.2 and what’s coming up next…
It’s been a while since we pushed an update. Twitter has changed quite a bit since our last release as we’ve been busy cooking the Touchpad version of Carbon aka Graphite.
While we were at the drawing board Twitter updated a tiny bit of the Search API that resulted in breaking the search functionality in Carbon. This is now fixed.
Major updates have affected us as well, changes in Twitter’s OAuth permissions which we blogged about and tweeted repeatedly. New URL wrapping feature in Twitter that wraps all the URLs longer than 19/20 characters with t.co URLs. And last night as they announced the Native Photo upload feature in Twitter.
We also had a persistent bug with Background Notifications that we ironed out in this version. We’re back on Carbon updates although we were hoping to be able to re-write it with the new webOS platform, that’ll have to wait until Enyo & webOS3ish support is fully realized.
- Search Timeline Fix, Hashcard Fix, User Profile-Mentions Timelines fix. Nearby Tweets fix, Due to Twitter update were not loading tweets.
- Fixed Saving Search that previously gave 401 Error
- Fixed Background Notifications Bug
- Error: 401: Couldn’t authenticate with OAuth. Fixed
- Fixed x-launch parameters for Search
- Added t.co links expanded URL on Timeline Tweets
- Added pic.twitter photos discovery & previews
- Optimized tweet load time and unloading Tweet View scenes
We’re still shooting for the major update to v.1.3 with some of the worked out features such as Filter(Mute), Retweets of my tweets, Screenname auto complete, Geo Tagging and Add to Launcher features.
Next, we’ll update with Native Twitter Photo upload feature and release more often with smaller additions and changes to keep the app more lively and updated more frequently as opposed to our previous plans to have major updates in distant intervals.
The update has been submitted to the App Catalog for review at around 5AM GMT+4 on August 17. It should be out any time now.