Carbon’s gone Public, our v.1.0.11 is out in the wild!
It’s been quite a journey so far. From the day we started sketching the UI on November 12th until the first Beta release in Jan 18(after we got our party crashed on Jan 14). Days full of rush, full of excitement and joy.
While you’re reading this now, you’re probably asking yourself why are you guys posting this so late, everyone in the webOS community knows that Carbon’s out. Oh well, we were in such a rush on the Beta launch that we couldn’t do anything else but Code and Test up until the last minute that we uploaded the app to Palm’s beta feed.
The launch was amazingly well received as we had our twitter friends ready for us to launch and we even sported a hashtag #CarbonWebOSDay the whole community was so supportive that we really didn’t know who to thank anymore.
We gotta’ give it up BIG to our Beta testers and specially our very own Private Beta testers who’ve been working along with us to enhance and improve Carbon.
So here it is the release details. Note that we updated from 1.0.11 in about 5 hours of the beta launch of 1.0.1 due to a nasty bug that our users found in Notifications & Background Updates.
Features in this release:
- Parallel Timelines(previously called Multi-Panel)
- Power Scroll: Yes! We came up with it. Our two-finger gesture that lets you jump to the top/bottom of the timelines.
- Hashcard: A card for a specific #hashtag that refreshes and let’s you tweet with the selected #hashtag
- Multi Account & Multi Card: You can open up a card for each account
- Video Preview: One of our firsts, usually twitter client show you previews of Images, we do that with videos and stream them and playback the videos in your respective apps; Youtube & Video Player
- Personal Bit.ly accounts
- goo.gl URL shortening
- Image & Video Upload
- Instapaper direct integration
- Read It Later direct integration
- New style Retweets and Three styles of quoting: RT, via(@tweep), and “Quotes”
- Reply All Options
- Copy, Share Tweets
- Translate Tweets to English
- Type To Tweet
- Compose Card
- Notifications & Background Updates: highly interactive notifications system that we call “Smoke”
- And many many more…
- Geotagging & Locations updates
- Flickr Upload
- Share to Facebook
- Light theme
- Personal goo.gl accounts
- 2.0 Features such as Tyep to Search and Quick Actions.
- Launch Parameters
- And bug fixes as we find them or get reported by our lovely Beta testers
Our friends at Precentral have done a great job covering up the launch of our Private & Public betas. We wouldn’t say any further when we have such great journalists in the community. Big love to Derrek and the gang. Here’s their amazing coverage: Carbon beta bursts out to eager Twitter masses and an earlier preview of our beta private release last month:Preview, Carbon Beta [video].
Get the Beta
If you haven’t downloaded our beta yet, then get it from Palm’s beta feed Carbon Beta v.1.0.11