Fixes & Additions in v.1.1.1 Beta
Now that we’ve got the hang of pushing updates and getting feedback from our beloved Beta testers we’ll be releasing more often rather than releasing only with big updates, so we’ll be going up in Minor versions from now on as Carbon is maturing and as we rafactor many parts of our code-base.
Here’s what’s new in v.1.1.1 of Carbon for webOS.
Copy Link to Tweet & View Tweets from a Status URL
There are times when we don’t want to Retweet or Quote another tweet but want to share it either with a tweet or any other way possible. The best way to share a tweet or have a reference for it is by having a link to the Tweet on the original status page on Twitter.com. On Tweet view we enabled this on our dots menu.
As explained above we enabled copying link to tweets, now how useful would that be if we made you go to your browser to view those tweets that you receive in URL? Tweet URLs are in http://twitter.com/CarbonWebOS/status/36746499266318336 format. Now in Tweet view, tapping on these links will open the tweet in Carbon rather than the Browser.
Youtube Video Preview & Other URL discoveries enhancements
Previously we read short Youtube URLs in http://youtu.be/gbmJGpFetqw and showed preview and a still frame from the video in Tweet view. Now, we read all formats of Youtube URLs and show previews for all of them including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbmJGpFetqw. And by tapping on Previews we open the videos in Youtube Application w/o invoking or opening the web Browser. The way it’s supposed to be!
The Raw Change Log
- Fixed Tweet-Translation Bug in webOS 2.0
- Fixed the time-line bug that caused the last tweet to disappear between “More” tweets
- Fixed bug on time-lines that have no older tweets, the last tweet would disappear once we hit Twitter’s EoF
- Tapping on Notification Direct Messages Icon used to take users to time-line panel instead of Direct Messages.
- Fixed the bug that showed the wrong Status for Direct Messages. It showed Replied everytime we had new Sent tweets & Received tweets at the same time.
- Raised the time-stamp updater on time-lines from 3 minutes to 5 for better performance
- Added Long Youtube URL discover for http://youtube.com/watch?v=<id> & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<id>&<lots of paramters>
- Added “Copy Link to Tweet” option on Tweet View. Copies the URL to any given tweet in http://twitter.com/username/status/statusid format.
- Added Status Link detection, tapping on a URL that links to an official Tweet page on Twitter.com now shows the Tweet in Carbon.