What’s new in Carbon v.1.1.0 Beta
Our current build v.1.1.0 was released on Feb 9, on #thinkbeyond day. Having all the news on HP’s mega event we got glued to our seats and as the rest of the webOS community’s News junkies didn’t think anything but #thinkbeyond, so this post comes out now, a little late, most of you wouldn’t need to read this as you’ve been updated on our Twitter stream or simply experienced the new goodies and fixes. Our change-log was available at the time of this update’s release on our help site: http://help.carbonwebos.com. But this is the detailed version.
Read, Unread & Replied Statuses for Direct Message Conversations
Our threaded conversation view for Direct Messages has been one of those features that all wished they had since day one of webOS. Now, with even more interactivity and style. We mark conversations as Read, Unread or even Replied.
Show the tweet I’m replying to
This is one of the most requested features since our first beta v.0.9.23. It’s really cool and useful having the tweet you’re replying to right in front of you, in case you wanted to refer to a word or just to have it there in case you wanted to take your time and reply carefully.
So, this is what we did, why just get the text of a tweet, get the whole tweet there.
Delete your own tweets on Tweet View
Although we had a delete option that followed webOS style of removing items by swiping away, we’ve had a big number of request for having an option on Tweet View.
And here’s the raw Change Log as posted on our Help website.
- Pixi More button visibility and position.
- My Bit.ly credentials now appear as expected after closing preferences, it wasn’t showing up after closing preferences and coming bagk to it.
- Fixed draft resaving bug that reset the type of Reply Draft to a regular Tweet Draft
- Fixed the nasty bug on user profiles that showed wrong Follow/Unfollow status & button
- Added “2 hours” & “3 hours” intervals for Background intervals as requested by users.
- Added option to disable Timeline auto-refresh
- Changed Bit.ly’s “Get Your API Key” to a straight API Key Page in Preferences.
- Changed button label from “Tweet” to “Message” in direct message composition.
- Added Img.ly images discovery and preview
- Added Twitgoo images discover and preview
- Changed “RT @tweep“ to “RT @tweep:“ in quote function, added a colon.
- Removed Message-User option when viewing own-tweet, ye know, you don’t wanna’ message yourself.
- Disabled Reply command on own-tweet
- Removed Follow/Unfollow from own-profile screen…
- Links/Hashtags/Mentions are now tappable on DM Conversations
For bugs, suggestions or any questions go to our help website at http://help.carbonwebos.com